Mechanical Engineer / Instrument Developer
Fluidan ApS is looking for an Mechanical Engineer / Instrument Engineer to further optimize, to manufacture and to support RheoStream® instruments to help shape and ensure the future growth of the company.
The RheoStream® instrument is developed and assembled in the Fluidan facilities at DTU Science Park in Lyngby. It has been sold to and tested in cooperation with a number of customers and results are satisfying. So, the product is fully matured, the customers acknowledge the business case and the rationale behind purchasing RheoStream®. An ambitious commercial strategy is being executed and we expect a rapidly rising demand for instruments.
The Instrument Engineer will replace the Instrument Developer, who developed the “version 2” of RheoStream®, bringing it up to the current CE and ATEX compliance level.
Key responsibilities / Task:
Reporting to the CTO, the Mechanical Engineer / Instrument Engineer holds a central role in maturing RheoStream® for scaling.
The Mechanical Engineer / Instrument Engineer must ensure that the instrument is further developed and optimized in accordance with customer needs; that there are instruments in perfect condition for all customer projects; that the documentation and quality is in good shape, and that customers are supported with high priority.
The position includes the responsibility for the following tasks:
- Making RheoStream® instruments, including contact to suppliers and subcontractors
- Hands on, assembly and operation of RheoStream® instruments
- Supporting installation at customer locations
- Development and adaptation of RheoStream® versions, based on what we continuously learn about customer requirements
- Maintaining product documentation in CAD and BOM
- Securing CE and ATEX compliance of future RheoStream® versions
- Establishing small-series production of RheoStream®
- Establishing quality control system, release test, etc.
- Supporting the hardware-integration at customer-trials and other support to sales process
Depending on the activity there will be approximately 10-30 days of travel per year.
- A solid understanding of the instrument and of the entire system and analysis
- A feeling of ownership and proactive contribution to the development of the instrument and to the customer processes
- Building a good network and relationship with customers and suppliers
- Good colleague – contributing proactively and positively to the team
The Mechanical Engineer / Instrument Engineer will assume full responsibility for RheoStream® mechanical development and manufacture, and may, as the company grows, take on leadership responsibility.
- Minimum 3 years of practical experience, either from jobs in the industry or from own projects
- Experience with instrument making (fine mechanics)
- Proficiency in Inventor or similar CAD system for design and documentation
- Mechanical craftsmanship, hands-on, practical and result oriented
- Eye for deviations in test results and troubleshooting
- Solid communication and collaborative skills
- Ability to identify key component suppliers
It will be an added benefit if the Instrument Engineer is also competent in electronics, CE and ATEX certification, quality systems, factory control systems, fluid dynamics.
Personal qualifications & skills:
- Grounded and able to communicate on all levels
- Good at relationship building on workshop level and with customers
- Quality conscious
- Structured but also flexible and with ability to make and execute a project plan in close communication with multiple stakeholders
- Agile, proactive and able to work independently
- Having team spirit and acknowledging the benefits of collaborating within the team
- Fluent spoken and written English. German would be a bonus.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel, driver’s license
The company offers:
- An exciting career opportunity in a scaleup company on an exciting growth journey.
- Technology with the potential to significantly reduce customers’ production costs
- Attractive remuneration based on results
If you have any questions about the company or the job, please contact Associate Partner, Peter Juul on +45 4031 9929.
You can also send your application and CV to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org