Our client is looking for a Software Engineer who will from day one be a key member of the team with responsibility for designing and developing the platform of the instrument software and firmware.
The RheoStream® instrument is developed and assembled in the Fluidan facilities at DTU Science Park in Lyngby. It has been sold to and tested in cooperation with a number of customers and results are satisfying. So, the product is fully matured, the customers acknowledge the business case and the rationale behind purchasing RheoStream®. An ambitious commercial strategy is being executed and we expect a rapidly rising demand for instruments.
The Software Engineer will gradually take over the full responsibility from the current Software Developer, who developed the first generations of the software, but is approaching retirement.
Key responsibilities / Task:
Reporting to the CTO the Software Engineer will be responsible for development of the instrument management software – current and future versions. The Software Engineer will work in close collaboration with the Instrument Engineer (mechanics) and the Application Specialist.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Programming in C++, running on a PC-like board, Linux
- Developing interfaces (adaptors) to external environments (Management PC, SCADA etc.)
- Maintaining instrument firmware, implementing new versions based on changes in customer requirements.
- Testing in test environment and “real life” using the RheoStream® instrument
- Responsibility for engaging and driving external development partners
- Support to customers related to interfacing/communication
The Software Engineer will assume full responsibility for RheoStream® software, and may, as the company grows, take on leadership responsibility.
You probably hold a degree (engineer or IT) and you have some years of professional experience in programming and embedded systems.
The preferred candidate is competent in
- Development in Linux
- C++, CMAKE and Git
- Development and implementation of communication protocols
Personal qualifications & skills:
- Open to and enjoying new challenges, learning and finding new solutions
- Structured but also flexible and with ability to make and execute a project plan in close communication with multiple stakeholders
- Quality conscious
- Grounded and able to communicate on all levels
- Agile, proactive and able to work independently
- Having team spirit and acknowledging the benefits of collaborating within the team.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Willingness to travel
The company offers:
- A career opportunity in a scaleup company on an exciting growth journey.
- Varied challenges covering the full stack.
- Technology with the potential to significantly reduce customers’ production costs
- Attractive renumeration based on results
If you have any questions about the company or the job, please contact Associate Partner, Peter Juul on +45 4031 9929.
You can also send your application and CV to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com