Our client is one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, and covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. The systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. Constantly driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years and today, worldwide with more than 6,000 employees covering over 70 locations on all continents.
Due to increasing instrument installment’s our client has a newly opening for a Field Application Scientist located in Copenhagen.
Situation / Responsibility:
The successful candidate will provide on-site applications support for LC-MS customers to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction.
Experience in applications in primary small molecules (e.g. metabolomics / lipidomics / food / environmental / toxicology applications), is preferred but candidates with extensive proteomics experience are also encouraged to apply.
The role includes support for the complete integration of the LC and MS systems, and training to ensure that the customer can successfully utilize the system for the desired application.
Key responsibilities / Task:
- Following the initial installation of a new LC-MS system, provide on-site training, and demonstrate the complete solution for the customer’s application(s).
- Pro-actively follow up with customers to ensure customer’s satisfaction.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of products and software tools.
- Provide the necessary technical information during customer training courses to give the best possible customer support.
- Liaise with the local and central Service Team for customer support issues, ensuring the completion of customer application-related inquiries.
- Support the commercial Sales Team with advanced technical information and presentations on-site or remotely to support sales cases.
- Regular travel to the German demo lab for training updates and to support pre-sales applications and demo work, when available.
- Assist in the preparation of new LC-MS training materials and collateral.
- Utilize phone & video conference tools to provide remote technical assistance for questions relating to the LC-MS connectivity and to provide support regarding specific methods and workflows.
- A minimum of 8 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 6 years’ experience and a Master’s degree; or 3 years’’ experience and a PhD
- Mass spectrometry, HPLC, small molecule analysis experience (biological and/or applied market and/or pharma applications) and/or proteomics experience is preferred.
- Experience in method development and method validation is highly desirable
- Experience in high resolution mass spectrometry (e.g. QTOF and/or Orbitrap) is highly desirable
- Degree in chemistry/biochemistry or life science/analytical science
Personal qualifications & skills:
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Ability to interact with customers and in-house staff, with varying levels of knowledge and technical expertise
- Ability to prioritize in a rapidly changing commercial environment
- Self-motivation, and a willingness to work with others toward a shared goal in a sales-driven organization
- Willingness to travel (with a significant number of overnight stays), as frequent travel is required
- Fluent spoken and written English is mandatory and fluent in Scandinavian language.
- Experience with all instrument software products highly desirable
- Experience with MS Office
The company offers:
- A workplace in a highly international environment
- The possibility to grow within the organization
- A workplace with a highly committed team
- The possibility to join a company with a clear growth strategy
- Remuneration in accordance with qualifications and experience
If you want further information you are welcome to contact Birgitte Dyreborg, mobile +45 7070 1860 or send an email to email@example.com
For at ansøge til dette job send dine informationer til firstname.lastname@example.org