The role is a key contributor to the continuous successful development of our clients vision and will be instrumental in the product launches that are planned in the coming years. The Head of R&D provides strategic and operational management for the R&D organization with the ambition to create a world class R&D team that can deliver on the company objectives. Further it is essential to improve the structure and processes within the organization. A background from Clinical Research combined with a Commercial mindset and excellent leadership skills is essential for the new Head of R&D. The role reports to the CEO and is a member of the executive management team.
The position is based in Lund Sweden.
Key responsibilities / Task:
- Develop a global R&D strategy and its implementation in the company
- Prepare for the approval and commercialization of the pipeline products
- Upgrade and create a world class R&D organization
- Provide input and ideas for building the innovation pipeline
- Be seen and respected by key opinion leaders and other stakeholders in key countries across the globe
- Ensure a successful collaboration with other functions such as regulatory affairs, health economics, commercial etc. for optimal medical strategies and clinical programs.
- Represent the company towards partners, investors and other stakeholders able to communicate the R&D strategy in a convincing and trustful way.
- Create and manage the R&D budget according to the overall company strategy
- Ensure development of an agile, modern and scientifically competent R&D organization with business acumen and willingness to change to further develop R&D within the company.
Educational qualifications and experience:
- Ph.D. in Medical Sciences or a Medical Doctor`s degree with a minimum of 10 years experience from the pharmaceutical industry
- Previous Head of Clinical Research or Development from a pharma or biotech company
- A background and experience from Endocrinology or CNS would be beneficial
- Significant international/ global experience is a must
- Experience and success from working in a project oriented, cross functional environment and excellent collaboration skills to achieve results.
Personal qualifications & skills:
- Strong leader with executive presence
- Ability to show results, deliver on time and to act like a role model for the R&D organization
- Ability to build strong relations and trust both externally and internally
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- High drive coupled with the ability to work through and with other team members
- Innovative and openminded
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Excellent and demonstrable skills in written communication
- Very good verbal communicator and presenter
- Fluent spoken and written English is mandatory.
The company offers:
An excellent opportunity to join an exiting journey in a fast-growing biotech company.
Please contact Managing Partner Birgitte Dyreborg for further information; +45 7070 1860, or send a e-mail: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org